June has many new releases that I’m very eager to read – I’ve pre-ordered many of them. And considering how rarely I pre-order, that’s saying a lot!
– I have to admit I wasn’t a huge fan of the first book in the Fallen series. But since then I’ve read each new instalment and I’ve grown fond of the character and how they’ve grown since the start. It’s really coming into its own as a series and I can’t wait to see how everything ends.
– I’ve read review from people who have read ARCs of this book and it sounds like a wonderful addition to the YA fantasy scene.
– I have a soft spot for cute contemporary YA fiction stories. And the trope of having the girl romantically involved with the boy next door? Well it’s one of my favourites.
– I. LOVE. MERMAIDS! It probably comes from watching Disney’s The Little Mermaid too many times when I was younger (I actually stretched the VHS from watching it too much and it got stuck in the machine once…) but regardless of why I love them – I do. And this particular mermaid book looks fairly dark and somewhat sinister. I love that it looks so very different to any mermaid book I’ve read before.
– When I was sixteen, I spent one summer (Australian Summer, Italian Winter) in Italy. It was incredible and an experience I’ll never forget. Since then I’ve had a soft spot for all YA related movies and books where the main character spends a vacation in the beautiful country (Yep… I’m not ashamed to admit it. I went and saw the Lizzie Maguire movie in the cinema and own a copy of it on DVD). This books looks adorable and full of that fantastic summer feeling that you get when you read a book about people on vacation.
What new releases are you looking forward to this month?