Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Favorite Characters In X Genre
I’m one of those people who collect favourite characters. I think I have a new one for the list in almost every book I read. But I’m limiting this to just the ten – and my chosen genre is quite predictably, Young Adult Fiction.
Viktor Krum and Sirius Black from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
– I’m trying to pick different characters from my usual – I could have gone with Hermione and Luna again but I’m trying something new. For some reason I’ve always loved Viktor Krum… probably has something to do with my fascination for professional athlete… (cue creepy fan girl grin). Sirius is the ultimate bad boy who’s misunderstood. I love that he’s trying to be more responsible and respectable. AND the closest thing Harry has to a fairy godmother is a wizard godfather 😀
Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
– Celaena is no ordinary Cinderella. She may be serving time doing manual labour because she’s a convicted assassin HOWEVER she’s got a conscience and a heart. I adore her and can’t wait to read more of the Throne of Glass series.
Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery
– Anne is an example of a strong female character even when she’s not kicking bad guys to the curb. I find Anne to be adorable and funny, strong and at times ridiculous. I adore her.
Karou and Zuzanna from Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor
– I love Zuzanna. Karou is awesome (I love a good well placed itch type of revenge) but it’s Zuze that takes the cake for me in terms of favourite characters from this series. I just finished the second book and Zuze is just amazing.
Belen from Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
– He may just be one of Kerrick’s gang of merry men however he stole my heart as one of my favourite supporting characters. He’s strong and kind and the kind of guy you want on your team when you’re up against evil powerful sorcerers.
Sydney Sage from Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead
– It takes a strong person to go against everything you’ve been taught and because of that Sydney is one of my favourites. She’s smart and well… kind of a mess at times but she’s there for her friends and trying to do what she believes is right.
Jackson Deveraux from Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole
– He’s Cajun, drives a motorbike and is just generally the bad boy character that I love to read about. Need I say more?
Cinder from Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer
– I just finished reading Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) and it reminded me of how much I liked Cinder. She’s so young and I tend to forget that reading it because she’s smart beyond her years and when she’s on a mission? Watch out!
Francesca Spinelli from Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
– This is the book I related to most in high school and Francesca is the character that I could see myself most in. I love her and love this story.
So that’s my list for this week 😀 Thanks for visiting.