Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
I’m currently in the process of moving house. It’s a lot more time-consuming than I realized. And because of the packing and whatnot I found so many books that I’d bought and then pushed to the back of the bookshelves or (because I have more books than clothes) were currently gathering dust in my closet.
And I discovered one very important thing. I’m a sucker for a boxed set. I knew this before but looking at the series I had not yet started but seemed to own many of their books… I blame this on the boxed set.
Just the other day I came across a Shopaholic trilogy. Although I had already read two of the books, the third was one I’d been hanging out to read. And it was there. In a gorgeous box. And the three books together were less than ten dollars. Just the one I hadn’t read was going for almost $15. Using some Becky Bloomwood logic somehow I found myself leaving the store with boxed set in hand feeling so very proud of my awesome rationalizing skills.
So this Top Ten Tuesday for me is a little more specific. I’m going with Top Ten Boxed Sets that I had to buy and haven’t read. Yet. I’ll get there someday… hopefully.
(Links take you to the first book in these series on goodreads)
- The first three books in the Immortals series by Alyson Noel
- The first three books in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
- A box containing five of Charles Dickens most famous works
- The first three books in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz
- The first three books in the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Iron Fey (books 1-4) by Julie Kagawa
- A Song of Ice and Fire (books 1-4) by George R.R. Martin
- Septimus Heap (books 1-2) by Angie Sage
- Enchanted Collection by Gail Carson Levine
And a whole bunch more that I can’t see right now because I’ve already packed them.
I should probably have my own one-day book sale because for the most part I can’t see myself ever getting around to reading these…
Can you recommend any of these series? Did you dislike any? Feel free to leave me a comment and link me up to your TTT.