2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge (hosted by Evie-bookish)
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – a box of books.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
(how many books you’re planning to read for this challenge in 2013)
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
31-40 – Love At First Sight
41-50 – Married With Children
I think I’ll try for A Friendly Hug. I think I can average at least one book published prior to 2013 per month.
I will post my progress here.
1. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout [review]. (published December 2012)
2. Model Spy by Shannon Greenland [review]. (published December 2007)
3. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White [review]. (published October 2010)
4. A Fault in Our Stars by John Green [review]. (published January 2012)
5. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead [review]. (published August 2011)
6. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead [review]. (published June 2012)
7. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest [review]. (published December 2012)
8. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl [review]. (published December 2009)
9. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor [review]. (published November 2012)